Monday, March 23, 2015

Half Past Autumn Part 3 and 4

1. My definition of success is being happy with what you have done and knowing that your our pushing yourself to do your best, I don't know what I specifically want to achieve yet but I know I want to help and impact people's lives.
2. To become successful I am lucky enough to have not given up very much, at least yet, but so far I do constantly give up my free time and relaxing time to work hard to push my abilities.
3. Gordon Parks gave up his personal relationships, both with his kids and marriages to be successful and further his career.
4. Genevieve's father was a rich businessman.
5. Parks advanced to write his first book was 10,000.
6. Elijah Muhammad offered parks 500,000 to do a story on the nation of Islam.
7. Parks refused the money because he thought Muhammad would influence him.
8. The movie the Learning Tree was the first major movie by a black person.
9. The character Shaft was a famous black person.
10. Gordon Parks choice of weapon was a 35 millimeter camera.
11. Genevieve Young did not like how there was no schedule and she could never know when he would call or visit.
12. The feature film that told the same story was Twelve Years A Slave.
13. Gordon Parks Jr. was Gordon's oldest son who was following in his footsteps in the film industry, before he died in a plane crash.
14. My favorite Gordon Parks photo is American Gothic.
15. In ten years I will remember that Parks was a famous influential black artist who broke the race boundaries in the arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment